PG Diploma in Montessori Teachers Training Course Overview
Asian College of Teachers' Post Graduate Diploma in Montessori Teachers Training is a dynamic course that aims to impart training on effective teaching methods and styles that can be adopted to teach students in a Montessori classroom. Dr. Maria Montessori's concept of Montessori Method of education plays an essential role in establishing an academically healthy foundation for young learners, thus having the right teacher becomes important. This course prepares one to adopt the techniques of innovative and student-focused activities that befits the classroom environment and are intended to keep the students engrossed and motivated. Those seeking to become Montessori teachers or planning to enhance their skills can opt for this course.
KEY INFORMATION OF MONTESSORI TRAINING IN KOLKATA
Asian College of Teachers offers a range of specialized courses to candidates applying for the Post Graduate Diploma course. Some of these specializations include: English Language Teaching, Classroom Management, Education Management and Early Childhood Care.
These courses offer the candidates the opportunity to expand their knowledge base and master skills which cater to a variety of learners with different capabilities. Candidates can choose any specialization ranging from one to all four, according to their personal preferences and future plans.
Entry Requirements and Course Fee
- Both experienced and aspiring teachers can apply for this course
- Bachelor's degree is the eligibility criterion
- P G Diploma course in online mode is priced at Rs 36,000 (inclusive of all taxes)
- Installment payment is conveniently available
- Meritorious students can avail scholarship options
Teaching and Learning Modes
- Course can be availed in Online / Distance / Correspondence mode
- P G Diploma course lasts for maximum up to 16 months covering 240 hours
- Online course can be studied from any part of the world
- Completion of the course can be done in the fast track mode
- Candidates can also avail Teaching Practice sessions
Candidates who have reasonable knowledge about computer and familiar with internet can apply for the online mode. However, candidates who prefer to own the hard copy course materials may go for the distance mode. In addition to these two modes, the in-class mode is also available.
Phase 1 : Dr. Maria Montessori - Her Philosophy and Methodology
Phase 2 : The Montessori Methodology and Psychology - The Present Perspective
Phase 3 : Exercises of Practical Life
Phase 4 : Sensorial
Phase 5 : Language and Storytelling
Phase 6 : Language activities
Phase 7 : Mathematics in Montessori
Phase 8 : Computers in Montessori Classroom
Phase 9 : Using Technology (4 - 12 years)
Phase 10 : Choosing the Correct Material - What the Early Childhood Education (ECE) Theories say?
Phase 11 : Using Flashcards to Teach Language
Phase 12 : Fine Motor Skills for the Age Group: 2 - 4 years
Phase 13 : Songs, Rhymes and Games (2 - 6 years old)
Phase 14 : Role Play (4 - 8 years old)
Phase 15 : Activities related to Science subjects
Phase 16 : Projects
Phase 17 : Arty Ideas - Art and Craft for Young Learners
Phase 18 : Worksheets
Phase 19 : Nutrition and Yoga
Phase 20 : Tips to Settle the Young Learners Using Appropriate Materials
ACT Admission and Support
- Admission process at ACT is flexible and easy
- Opt for any online payment scheme
- Application form can be submitted
- ACT's submission department contact candidates via mail or telephone
- Course fee can be paid by using debit/credit card or by depositing cash, cheque or demand draft in ACT's bank account
- Courses are accompanied by total support from the accomplished tutors
- Online videos and reference materials are additional support
- Candidates can take their own time to learn and prepare
- Queries can be emailed and the chatting option available between 10am and 6pm
Successful completion of the Post Graduate Diploma in Montessori Teachers Training course moulds out a route with several job opportunities. This course opens up opportunities for candidates to become assistant teachers, early childhood practitioners and preschool teachers. In addition, one also gets a broader range of alternatives for working as Montessori curriculum developer, consultancy to Montessori schools and course coordination as their career options. Apart from this, this course also acts as a bold pillar of support for anyone associated with Montessori education.
Certification & Accreditation
- Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges and Universities (ASIC) a member of British Quality Foundation, has accredited Asian College of Teachers (ACT)
- The prestigious EQAC - Education Quality Accreditation Commission has accredited Asian College of Teachers (ACT) that has met all the standards set by this Commission.
- All ACT courses are accredited by International Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (QAHE)
- ACT is an institutional member of Montessori Europe (ME)
- All ACT courses are endorsed by NCC Education, an awarding organization and a global provider of British education.
- Teacher training courses are certified by CPD Certification Service, UK
- ACT is an organizational member of Childhood Education International (CEI)
- ACT holds membership of European Association for International Education (EAIE)