Asian College of Teachers, UK is providing an extensive range of Special Education courses for aspirants planning to make a foray into the field of Special Educational Needs. The courses have been divided into six different categories, each catering to/specialising in the different professional segments of specialised teaching and learning. Our special education courses cover a wide variety of areas relating to SEN and other special needs courses and come in 3 different levels - Certificate, Diploma and P G Diploma. The courses include:
Special Education - Online Courses by ACT, UK
Special Education course is a complete course that comprises a detailed knowledge on the three main aspects of Special Education. Those are ADHD, Autism and Learning Disabilities, providing a detailed curriculum prepared by our experts at ACT, which are aimed to provide you with a strong knowledge base in these areas of SEN.
The course on Autism covers a broader aspect of autism and its allied disabilities, how to handle emotions and student tantrums, know the types of play-skill to foster among the learners and to guide the learners with better learning approaches as well as life-skill training approaches to help them prepare better for the life ahead.
If you are willing to step into the world of teaching learners with ADHD, enrol in this course to get a comprehensive knowledge on ADHD, ways to identify it among learners who are affected by it and understanding the various support required by the learners at various stages and their effectiveness as well as their possible outcomes.
This program will guide you to learn about the varied disabilities and identify the learners to help them with reading, writing and word-identification problems. You also learn to manage classrooms, learn the strategies and assessment techniques as well as get knowledge on other non-verbal disabilities like Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, and Dyscalculia.
International Diploma in Inclusive Teaching and Special Educational Needs
This program consists of online course content and live online workshops that cover different aspects of inclusive and special education. The program is flexible and the participants worldwide can learn at their own pace and attend live online sessions to interact with facilitators and peers. The program is suitable for teaching aspirants, inclusive teachers, SEN educators, shadow teachers, SEN coordinators, and other professionals. Participants can ask academic questions in the live sessions which include a Q & A session. There are no location limitations for this program.
Duration and Fees
|Differentiated Instruction and Assessment||10th June 2023||3 pm to 6pm||Saturday|
|Art and Music Therapy for SEN students||17th June 2023||3 pm to 6pm||Saturday|
|Empowering Students with Learning Disabilities||6th May 2023||3 pm to 6pm||Saturday|
|Managing ADHD in an Inclusive Classroom||13th May 2023||3 pm to 6pm||Saturday|
|Supporting Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in an Inclusive Classroom||20th May 2023||3 pm to 6pm||Saturday|
|Managing EBD (Emotional Behavioural Disorders)||27th May 2023||3 pm to 6pm||Saturday|
|Role of IEP with Supporting Diverse Learners in Inclusive Classroom||3rd June 2023||3 pm to 6pm||Saturday|
*for all PG Diploma courses, candidates can pursue a CACHE endorsed online course – Recognising and Supporting Children with Special Needs at additional fees.
Module 1 comprises online course content on Special Educational Needs with a focus on ADHD, Autism and Learning Disabilities. The participants get online access to the module, learn at their own pace and take MCQ test at the end of Module 1.
- ADHD Phase 1: Understanding students
- ADHD Phase 2: Diagnostic Process
- ADHD Phase 3: Are they putting in the Effort?
- ADHD Phase 4: ADHD and Brain Activation
- ADHD Phase 5: ADHD and Activity Level
- AUTISM Phase 1: Meet Autistic Students
- AUTISM Phase 2: Understand the common characteristics of HFA/AS
- AUTISM Phase 3: Discover how your students think
- AUTISM Phase 4: Nurture students' social skills
- AUTISM Phase 5: Encourage language reciprocity
- LD Phase 1: Understanding Learning Disabilities
- LD Phase 2: Identifying Students with LDs
- LD Phase 3: Making sense of the IEPs
- LD Phase 4: Understanding Service Locations
- LD Phase 5: Learning the Right Teaching Strategies
Module 2 comprises a series of live online workshops given below.
Our SEN live online workshops comprise of online course access and online assignments along with interactive online sessions. Before the beginning of the session, all participants will get access to the online course materials. The web sessions will be facilitated by multiple expert trainers who will help you with your lessons and assignments. The sessions being held live online, are quite interactive and let the participants interact with each other along with a bunch of interesting activities facilitated by the trainer. The online assignments will be evaluated by our trainers/tutors at the end of the program. There will be live demonstration of inclusive classroom during the webinar.
make the learning effective and meaningful for the trainees. After completing the 2 modules all the trainees have to send a microteaching video (as per instruction) to their coordinators. The videos are evaluated by the trainers/tutors and suitable feedback is provided to the trainees.
ACT Admission and Support
- ACT's admission process is quite user friendly
- Option to opt for online payment methods
- Any form of payment can be availed (by using debit/credit card or by depositing cash, cheque or DD in ACT's bank account)
- Our Admission Department will contact you via mail or over phone
- Candidates can learn at their own pace
- Your queries and doubts will be cleared
- Candidates receive a globally recognised certificate from ACT, UK
After completing our courses, get the opportunity to become an accomplished professional as:
- Class teacher in an inclusive classroom
- Assistant teacher in an inclusive classroom
- Shadow teacher
- School counsellor as SENCO
- Budding entrepreneur
After successfully completing any of the courses on Special Education, many new and exciting doors of opportunities will open in your professional teaching career. Due to the increased awareness and timely diagnosis of children, the prospects and opportunities for qualified Special Education Needs Teachers are huge and will remain favourable for the coming decades. Therefore, aspirants who are part of inclusive classrooms and passionate about helping learners with special needs can complete any of our courses may well expect to get employed in various positions that will enable them to work with the SEN learners who suffer from disabilities like ADHD, Autism,Learning Disabilities etc. anywhere around the world. The qualifications and certificates are sure to benefit those who have opened or are willing to open day-care facilities or crèche. Since this course is internationally recognized by noted organizations, it will be helpful for those looking for employment opportunities across the globe and help you in realizing your dream of teaching abroad too!
Certification & Accreditation
- Candidates receive globally accepted certificate from Asian College of Teachers, UK
- Successful trainees will receive a globally recognized certificate from Asian College of Teachers (ACT)
- All ACT Courses are accredited by International Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (QAHE)
- All SEN Courses are certified by CPD Certification Service UK
- ACT is a member of The National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET)*
- ACT is also an institutional member of International Association of Special Education (IASE) that promotes awareness and understanding of SEN individuals.
- ACT SEN courses are endorsed by NCC Education, UK
* ACT Special Education courses are NASET recognized which is the only national membership organization dedicated solely to meet the needs of special education teachers and those preparing to venture into this field
SEN Courses Disclaimer
All SEN Courses are designed, developed and created by Asian College of Teachers Ltd, United Kingdom. These courses are approved by CPD, UK, and endorsed by NCC Education, UK, and Short Courses from CACHE, UK through Laser Learning UK. These extensive range of Special Education courses for Teachers are created to equip teachers with the skills apt for an inclusive classroom environment. The primary objective of these courses is to identify the learning difficulties or disabilities and understand the picking up characteristics of diverse pupils. These courses neither make you a SEN practitioner, nor provide you with license for clinical practice. This program is certified and endorsed by CPD (UK), NCC (UK) and some portion of the courses by CACHE (UK). These courses are not approved, endorsed, or recognised program by any other National / Local governmental or non-governmental agencies / bodies.